Tuesday 15 May 2012

Transgender

After reading this article, I remembered a line in Lady Gaga's "Born This Way": No matter straight, gay, or bi, lesbian or transgender life, I'm on the right track, baby I was born to survive.

I do not have any oppositions against people who are not-straight; in fact, I know some people who are actually gay or bi. I mean it's their life, why should others be bothered if these people are straight or not.

The above article is touching not merely because this guy actually accepts a transgender girlfriend, but it gives the readers, at least me, hope. The hope that this world is not hopeless, that there's true love which transcends all societal norms and constraints. That love is not built on our appearances and biological/physical functions, but it's based on something else, something undefinable (perhaps we can define this as "feelings" but I think the term doesn't fully describe this undefinable element).

In this world when we are being categorised and fit into a box called societal norms, it's nice to hear that such amazing things do happen. I hope in time to come, soon, such story will not be something that people feel amazed about. There's nothing to be amazed about, they are just like each and everyone who prides themselves as "straight".

No comments:

Post a Comment